Blog Post 10: And That’s a Wrap!

During this semester we have learned about numerous different critical issues in education, which are still ongoing today. We will all encounter a scenario with numerous of these issues in our careers, but now we have the knowledge on how to deal with or counteract these issues with the information and resources provided to us. Whether it be making our classroom a more welcoming environment or implementing mindfulness strategies into our day-to-day lives, I can say for certain we have all learned valuable knowledge from not only the modules but each other as well. Reading each other’s posts each week has helped me gain a new perspective on the topic at hand, further developing my own opinions. I hope everyone had a great semester and I wish you all the best with your academic careers!

https://flip.com/s/388x2twDjajj

Image from: https://twitter.com/thatsawrapshow

1 Comment on Blog Post 10: And That’s a Wrap!

1. davidsawicki
    April 29, 2024 at 7:56 pm (3 weeks ago)

Good Afternoon Gabby!

I really enjoyed your final vlog of the 2024 semester, I very much agree that as a secondary teacher, mental health is extremely important for students to understand and address when themselves or others are experiencing negative stimuli! Highschool was also very stressful for me and I connected to your argument more from it!

Other than mindfulness what else do you think can make a positive impact on a students mental health, personally I believe that what can work in my classroom is maybe having a moment for the students to stretch or walk around the room.

Homeschool connection is also very important for us secondary’s as it helps us connect with parents and discuss difficulties that some students might have. What helped me in middle/high school was how teachers would try to understand what my interests are and try to make a level connection so further down the line I would feel that I trust them, this could also work with parents. Trust is very important for any career especially when working with students and parents!

Overall I believe your final vlog was very informative on what you wanted to take away from our past lessons! Keep exploring!

Reply